Saturday, October 11, 2008

My Journey -first submission

Today is October 10, 2008. I’ve started my weight loss journey for the millionth time. This time I’m hoping will be different. It’s not just weight loss that I am after, but an entirely new me. Physical and mental health as well.

Physically- I am about 100 lbs overweight. I weighed myself a little bit ago YIKES…but you know, it’s not the most I’ve ever weighed either.

Today is the start of a new journey because I went to a health food type store and talked with the nutritionalist there. She told me before I try to do anything I needed to cleanse my body. This would help clean my blood and organs so that my struggle will be easier to overcome.

I have high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, thyroid issues, rosacea, high cholesterol and gall bladder issues. All of which I am supposed to be taking medication for. ( read that, supposed to …)That on top of being overweight—I also have a lot of stress in my life. She told me that parasites and other ickys are more than likely the cause of a lot of my problems. The stress is the rest. So, today I started the cleanse.

Once a day I will drink a TBS. of Pura Cleanse with juice or water. I was told that I could loose 5 lbs very quickly depending on the amount of “stuff” packed in my colon. My liver is hording nasty little critters and who knows what else is lurking in there. Skeptic? Yes part of me is very skeptic. Part of me feels what the hell go ahead and try it. I’ve fallen for scams before. So, why not give it a go? This is supposed to be a gentle cleanse as I’m just a beginner.

I was told that when your liver has issues, it causes a lot of other problems- like the rosacea, and it is also tied into the diabetic issues. My Dr. told me many moons ago that I had liver issues, but they could never figure out what was causing it. Perhaps the ickys don't show up in bloodwork? What I'm thinking is that there could be some basis behind what the nutritionalist has said.

So, wish me luck…

2 comments:

Kay said...

I'll be very interested in seeing if your roseaca clears up or improves. LMK if it does. Mine is flaring now.

SparkieL aka Lisa said...

@ Kay

Well, my skin IS improving.... it's not quite as red and peeling. Not sure if it's just calming a bit or if the cleanse is truly helping. Maybe I should take a "pre" picture without makeup so I know for sure huh?