Friday, October 10, 2008

Keeping Joy in the Journey

A friend of mine from work has redecorated the staff restroom. Why am I telling you that? Well, it's because she has this little picture frame that she wants to rotate poems or sayings in. The last one said " When life knocks you to your knees, remember you are in the perfect position to pray" This one- "Keep Joy in the Journey" -hence my telling you the whole bathroom thing.

So, I've been pondering that little sentence. When you have gone for a really long time living life in what feels like a joyless adventure you begin wondering what Joy actually is. I've found, that when I started writing my feelings down, a lot of them were full of doom and gloom. Sadness prevailed. Well, that's what I was living- am still living. When there is very little joy and only sadness, it's hard to come up with fun things to say. I made a vow to myself to only write about the good things. Well, I haven't written much lately, can you tell?

How do you make a joyful noise when you are struggling to find the joy to begin with?

There are thousands of little "Joy Buzzers" happening around us all the time. Do we see them or listen to them?

What one person sees as devastation, another sees as a miracle. Take rain for instance-- It can be a real buzz kill for sure, but not having it could be a lot worse. The rain is still the rain. It's just how we see it at the time.-- Our circumstances at that moment in our life. I'm not talking about hurricane force gales-- just ... rain. Simply ask a farmer what I'm talking about,and they can show you just by taking a walk in a field. --Bountiful blessings or devastation.

Well anyway...back to finding the joy in the journey. Maybe if I truly start looking for the joy instead of letting it pass me by, I'll be a happier person.

So, I'm going to attempt to find the one thing each day that will help me make a joyful noise and make my journey through life a little happier.

There is joy in the journey if you just let it find you.

No comments: