Sunday, August 1, 2010

Sunday Service...

I have to tell you that yes, I am still struggling with getting back in the pew on a regular basis. The anger I've held in my heart towards God, over the death of my husband, has been melting away little by little and my heart is once again open.

So, I've slowly begun warming the bench as my father used to put it. I don't like going and sitting alone. That's just not for me. It's very uncomfortable for some reason. Sure, I can sit with friends, but even that isn't always an incentive to get me there.

Thank God for the Toddlerette! She is now my pew buddy. Laugh if you want, but taking her helps in more than one way. I've got someone I love with me and if things get to be "too much" I can simply take her to the restroom to change her nappie and leave if I want to. No one complains. In fact there are several who are glad to see the Toddlerette go.

"Babies have no place in the sanctuary! That's what the nursery is for!" ~~ Well excuse me, but I don't believe that. Not one little bit. Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."

If the child is freaking out screaming and crying then yes dear parent gather them in your arms and step out into the foyer or crying room if your church has one. Calm them down and then return to your seat.

I do have an issue with those that simply expect you to take the baby straight to the nursery. Forget the fact that the child may have been in daycare all week long. It's with it's parents on Saturday and that's it. Why should Sunday be another day in the care of others?

I wonder if that's why a lot of new parents stop coming to church. The glares from those who don't want bothered with baby giggles is kinda sad. There was a time when infants and really all kids were considered a blessing to have in church.

Well, today I went to the church my sister attends. The toddlerette giggled and sang and would put up her arms and say YEAH..... and no one complained. No one glared at us. No one made me feel we shouldn't be there. I on the other hand tried to shush her, keep her quiet and nervously looked at the people around me. My sister kept saying..."she's fine we aren't like that here trust me!"

After the service several folks came up to meet the little blessing that God brought into their lives that morning. They thanked me for bringing her. We left with a smile and the thought that perhaps, maybe next Sunday we'll warm the bench there again....

Thanks for visiting with me today friend!
~ God's Blessings be yours!
~~Lisa

1 comment:

Kay said...

So happy you and Missie A went today & you were welcomed and blessed others. <3 You