Monday, August 2, 2010

Have you read " The Shack" ?

When the book "The Shack " first came out, my Pastor's wife told me I was NOT allowed to read it under any circumstance. It would be too difficult for me. At that time in my life simply thinking the word cry and I'd be in a torrent of tears, I knew I better listen to her. When I mentioned to her that I was about to begin listening to it with a co-worker, she again advised me that it might be a little too rough emotionally for me. I have been going through some very personal/emotional situations and I was tempted to listen to her once again. Only this time, a voice said.... "Now is the time. Now, you will understand."

Hmmm, I thought, understand what? Understand the sweet , beautifully ugly chaos of my life? Can a book help me do that? What is in this book that a dear friend tried to keep me from. What emotions will it stir. Anger? Pain? Disbelief? She did mention that I needed to let my heart heal first. I needed to be at peace with the ugliness that had taken place in my own life. Was I, am I ready ? What kind of impact would I let the words of another have upon me?

My imagination is so vivid that when I read, or in this case listen to, I am transported there. I am in the shoes of the characters. I feel their emotions, the joy, the laughter,the pain. Was I really ready to let myself experience "The Shack" ?

Well, the little voice is saying.... "Yes, you are."

I'll let you know how it goes!
~Lisa

3 comments:

Kay said...

Nope, haven't read it and won't. God is not portrayed correctly in this book. I won't have my God made smaller, even through fiction. Sorry, Sweetie... can't go there on this one with you.

SparkieL aka Lisa said...

That's ok Miss Kay. I was told up front that it's not a book for everyone.

SparkieL aka Lisa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.