Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Is it time to get off Facebook?

I look at my blog and wonder why it's sitting here so empty. Is it perhaps that my creative juices have stopped flowing, or maybe it's all that time I sit playing mindless games. Mindless thought numbing games like Farmville. Don't get me wrong, I really do enjoy clicking that mouse button over and over and over and.... well, I think you get the idea.

No, it's not FB's (Facebook's) fault that I sit there for an hour or more feeding people's chicken's and fertilizing their crops. It's my own lack of self motivation that keeps me sitting there. It's just too easy to do. Too easy NOT to do.

FB is a great medium to use when you want to have that quick fix of seeing what is going on in your friends lives. It's a great way to keep in touch with friends all over the world when a telephone call isn't possible. Much faster than a letter, but oh so much less personal. I still have to admit I get giddy when I receive a real live, in person, letter or card in my mailbox. Those still brighten my day much more than an email.

So, on my agenda for this weekend... finishing my Germany blog, working on my apron photo shoot and maybe designing a couple new ones. I've got a purse that is sitting on my sewing table, a bag of tops a friend has asked me to alter and a bracelet that needs fixing.

Most importantly though, is the toddlerette that is now living with me full time. She's got me wrapped around her little finger. So when nap time comes around, I've got a lot more to get accomplished than sitting in my chair clickin' a button and watching a make believe farm come to life.

I've got a life to live and enjoy and it doesn't revolve around FB.

It's my life..... and only I can make the most of it!

Thanks for spending a few moments of yours with me!

God's Blessings!
~ Lisa

No comments: